Join us for Summer Science!
Please note: the process to participate in Summer Science has changed!
Due to the high interest in Summer Science, we begin the process of applying for the program during the school year, starting with information presented to homeroom classes and a declaration of interest form which helps us understand which students are highly motivated to participate in this six-week program. As of 2020, students will no longer be nominated by their teachers, but rather will DECLARE INTEREST and a desire to participate in the program through the process outlined below. In order to participate in Summer Science, students MUST complete the declaration of interest form!
Summer Science students are kids that show a high level of interest in science and are enthusiastic about their participation in the program. We ask that students who complete the form to declare their interest in the program have:
- Enthusiasm and passion for science! We want students who want to be there!
- A willingness to try new, fun things in the classroom and the field
- The ability to attend (no more than seven total absences throughout the program)
- Safe and self-monitored behavior
How to submit a declaration of interest
If your child is interested in the program, please have them complete the declaration of interest form. Students have three options for completing this process:
- Complete the Google Form linked at the button below
- Complete a paper copy by hand OR type and print responses to the nomination questions and return to the Summer Science box in the Intermediate School office
- Record a video or audio track addressing the answers to the questions on the declaration of interest form, then upload it at the link below